You will either be approved for either a Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account or the Fingerhut Advantage (Described Below)
Fingerhut FreshStart® Credit Account issued by WebBank
What it is: You make one purchase and pay it off (on time and in full*). You can build your credit with us and graduate to the revolving Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to wait until you've received your first billing statement before paying off the initial purchase under the Fresh Start Program in Full to ensure they are considered for graduation to the Advantage Credit Account.
Who it's good for: If you have no credit history or damaged credit.
- Credit line of $125-230
- One time purchase
- $30 down payment required
- Pay off with 6 or 8 low monthly payments
- Graduate to a revolving Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank with a guaranteed higher credit line
With this program, you’ll be able to make a Fingerhut purchase between $50 and the spending limit they give you. You must make a down payment of at least $50 toward the balance, and then pay off the rest in the time limit they specify after (usually a few months). After you finish paying the balance off, as long as you weren’t late with any payments, you’ll graduate to the regular Fingerhut Credit Account.
*If you don't pay off the balance within the set limits, you could pay high interest amounts. ... However, if you elect to pay your entire balance due at the same time as your down payment, then this will cancel your Loan and you may not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
Fingerhut Credit Account issued by WebBank
What it is: An on-going revolving credit account that lets you shop as much as you like, up to your credit limit. It also helps you keep building your credit with us as you buy great name brand products
Who it's good for: If you have fair to good credit.
- Credit line of $200-800
- Revolving, ongoing account
- Low monthly payments
- Opportunities for credit line increases
- Opportunities for deferred payment offers
- Choose your own payment date
- $30 down payment may be required on your first purchase only
- 29.99% APR
- Important Disclosures
Criteria for approval:
- 18+ years old
- United States mailing address
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Enough income or assets to afford monthly payments
- No active bankruptcy
- Not a member of a consumer credit counseling service
- No past-due minimum payments while in the Fingerhut FreshStart program
- No foreclosure, tax liens or other derogatory marks on your credit
As long as you avoid the negatives, you should have a good chance of Fingerhut Credit approval. And the best part about the process is if you’re not qualified for the card, Fingerhut might instead enroll you in their FreshStart program.